Int'l (Degree) student departure and re-entry from Taiwan Notice
【IMPORTANT】National Tsing Hua University Important Entry/ Exit Information for Students
Given the ongoing pandemic in other countries, non-essential travel abroad should be avoided at present. Furthermore, the self-quarantine measures for people entering Taiwan remain in place, and students entering or exiting the country should pay attention to the rules and risks provided herein.
- Exit declaration:
- All students will be required to complete an exit declaration form when they leave the country. Students should have the form signed and sealed by an advisor or advising professor and the department head before submitting original to the department to be filed, and duplicate counseling units local student-Division of student assistant; International student - (the Division of Global Students Recruitment and Service or the Division of General Student Affairs) and Health service center.
- Students who leave the country without filing an exit declaration form or fail to report a change of flight or entry date after an application is approved and consequently cause harm to safety on campus will face disciplinary action under the university regulations (according to payment provisions under Articles 7 and 8 of the NTHU Student Reward and Punishment Measures) also In accordance with Article 69 of the Communicable Disease Control Act shall be fined NT$10,000 up to NT$150,000.
- Students should refer to the latest regulations of the Central Epidemic Command Center (here referred to as CDC) whether the COVID-19 related inspection report should be attached before entering and transferring to the plane.
- Home Quarantine and Self-health Management Measures:
- Overseas students who are about to enter Taiwan have to make their own arrangements for transport between the airport and hotel, make a reservation at a quarantine hotel, and conduct home quarantine and self-health management. The students should mainly choose quarantine hotels located in Hsinchu City.
- According to the CDC, the Ministry of Education, and the Division of Student housing, the university dorms cannot serve as quarantine hotels or self-health management locations. As stated by Article 15, 15 points will be deducted from any students in violation of these provisions.)
- Overseas students should evaluate carefully the risks or related restrictions of re-entering the country. Those who leave the country should be responsible for the risk of becoming unable to re-enter according to the latest announcements by the Central Epidemic Command Center.
- Overseas students who have applied for student housing will still be responsible for paying the fee.
- Overseas students should, before leaving the country, assess their own circumstances to see if they may be eligible for the "COVID-19 Flexible Learning Program”.
- According to the rules of the Ministry of Health and Welfare:
- English Version (three-sided) 2 (I) All people entering the Republic of China or boarding a connecting flight in the Republic of China are required to provide a certificate of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued specification days stated by CECC prior to boarding.
- For overseas residents who are eligible for disease prevention compensation and have collected payments before, starting on March 17, 2020, disease prevention compensation will be canceled for those who go to Level 3 countries or regions on non-essential travel and then enter Taiwan.
- Students have to bear the relevant fees for screening test (including prolonged accommodation fee, screening test fee, registration fee, and transport fees between hospital, hotel and etc...), so please prepare sufficient amount of New Taiwan Dollars before coming to Taiwan. (The space below is intentionally left blank)